1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best wordpress plugin for preventing spam

Discussion in 'Blogging & Monetization' started by Angela W, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Angela W

Angela W New Member

60%
    Hello Bloggers.

I hope, most of the members in this forum are bloggers. By blog is now getting many spam comments from different emails. Please suggest me a best free WordPress plugin for preventing spam comments?:sweating:

Thanks.

2. Akhil

Akhil Administrator Staff Member Adminstrator

71%
    Hello Angelea

I'm using Anti-spam plugin.

It is very effective, and it is fully autopilot.
    Anti-spam plugin blocks spam in comments automatically, invisibly for users and for admins.
    • no captcha, because spam is not users' problem
    • no moderation queues, because spam is not administrators' problem
    • no options, because it is great to forget about spam completely

• Like Like x 3
  3. Angela W

Angela W New Member

60%
    Hello Akhil.

Thanks for the quick reply, is the plugin is compatible with other plugins?

4. Jake Daniel

Jake Daniel Member

5%
    Hey!

Did you tried Akismet WordPress Plugin?

[​IMG]

Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet Web service to see if they look like spam or not and lets you review the spam it catches under your blog's "Comments" admin screen.

Major features in Akismet include:
    • Automatically checks all comments and filters out the ones that look like spam.
    • Each comment has a status history, so you can easily see which comments were caught or cleared by Akismet and which were spammed or unspammed by a moderator.
    • URLs are shown in the comment body to reveal hidden or misleading links.
    • Moderators can see the number of approved comments for each user.
    • A discard feature that outright blocks the worst spam, saving you disk space and speeding up your site.

5. vinaya

vinaya Member

55%
    I use Akismet on my wordpress site. According to my site statistics Akismet has blocked over 60 malicious login attempt. My website attracts lots of spam comments and I have happy how Akismet sorts out spam comments

6. eProject

eProject Member

4%
    WP-SpamShield is the best antispam plugin for WordPress. It is capable of eliminating trackback spam, comment spam, registration spam and contact form spam. It has two layers that work together to block both human spam and spambots.

7. Is the akismet plug-in free of does it need to paid for? if its subscription based can a user please tell me the cost and its effectiveness in comparison to other spam blockers please?

8. ZipMedia

ZipMedia Member

4%
    The above plugin is pretty good for preventing spam, although if you ask me, I would just disallow comments in general. I figured that although it hurts your image as a blogger "in touch" with your audience, it can help reduce spam quite a lot.